We know many Wisconsin customers of ours are do-it-yourselfers when it comes to car care. However, you shouldn’t be embarrassed if you’ve never had the reason or don’t have the knowledge to change a flat tire. Today, we’re sharing a simple step-by-step guide on how to properly change a tire.
As your local Chrysler dealers, we just want to help you be prepared out there on the road. Call or come by our Chrysler service department if you have any additional questions.
- Get somewhere safe. Avoid high-traffic roads or busy areas that would put your safety at risk.
- Locate the spare tire (likely in the trunk of the vehicle), the jack, and tire iron.
- Loosen the wheel lugs with the tire iron.
- Jack up the tire and remove the wheel lugs completely.
- Remove the flat tire, and store it in your vehicle (to be repaired or properly disposed of).
- Line up the spare tire to the wheel studs and position it on.
- Tighten the wheel lugs back on.
- Lower the car.
- Make your way to our service center.
Installing a spare tire is only a temporary solution, however. Spare tires have a very low maximum speed, and they do not have the same thickness and overall quality of your real tires. That’s why it’s important to visit our Dodge car service center sooner rather than later. There, we can evaluate and either recommend a new tire or repair your flat.
We hope you continue to choose us for all your car care needs. Stoughton, WI residents can find us online by searching “car dealership near me.” We look forward to working with you soon!